- About Startup Genome and The Global Entrepreneurship Network
- About Our Global Partners
- Note From a Founder
- A Word from GEN
- State Of The Global Startup Economy
- Rankings 2021: Top 30 + Runners-up
- Rankings 2021: Top 100 Emerging Ecosystems
- Global Startup Sub-Sector Analysis
- The Next Unicorn Could Come From Anywhere
- How Startups Can Build Sustainable Ecosystems
- How To Divide Founder Equity
- Accelerators: To Join Or Not To Join?
- The Government As An (Effective) Venture Capitalist
- Building Entrepreneurial Communities
- Understanding Diverse Markets In A Dynamic Region
- Mega Tech IPOs Head Toward $1 Trillion By 2025
- Asia Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- Europe’s Booming Startup Ecosystems
- The Explosive Growth Of The Amsterdam-Delta Startup Ecosystem
- Europe Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- Entrepreneurial Growth In MENA
- Startup Culture on the Rise in Palestine
- MENA Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- The North American Startup Ecosystem In A Post-Pandemic Era
- North America Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- It’s Just The Beginning
- Scaleups Will Take Over Latam
- Latin America Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
The Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2021
Asia Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- Asian ecosystems continue to rise in the Global Startup Ecosystem Rankings with Tokyo (from #15 to #9), Seoul (#20 to #16), Shenzhen (#22 to #19), Bangalore-Karnataka (#26 to #23), and Hangzhou (#28 to #25) moving ahead.
- When it comes to the Knowledge Factor, Asia takes four of the Top 5 spots (Beijing, Shanghai, Seoul, and Guangzhou).
- Asian startup ecosystems are collectively worth $1.1 trillion in Ecosystem Value in this year’s GSER period, about 30% of the global total.
The Top Performers are identified by applying our Global Ranking methodology within a specific region, while the Regional Challengers are identified using the Emerging Ecosystems methodology.