- About Startup Genome and The Global Entrepreneurship Network
- Note From a Founder
- A Word from GEN
- State Of The Global Startup Economy
- Rankings 2021: Top 30 + Runners-up
- Rankings 2021: Top 100 Emerging Ecosystems
- Global Startup Sub-Sector Analysis
- The Next Unicorn Could Come From Anywhere
- How Startups Can Build Sustainable Ecosystems
- How To Divide Founder Equity
- Accelerators: To Join Or Not To Join?
- The Government As An (Effective) Venture Capitalist
- Building Entrepreneurial Communities
- Asia Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- Understanding Diverse Markets In A Dynamic Region
- Mega Tech IPOs Head Toward $1 Trillion By 2025
- Europe Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- Europe’s Booming Startup Ecosystems
- The Explosive Growth Of The Amsterdam-Delta Startup Ecosystem
- North America Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- The North American Startup Ecosystem In A Post-Pandemic Era
- Latin America Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- It’s Just The Beginning
- Scaleups Will Take Over Latam
The Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2021
North America Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- North America contributed more than 50% of global startup Ecosystem Value for the second year in a row.
- Silicon Valley, New York City, Boston, and Los Angeles alone contribute more than 70% to North America’s total Ecosystem Value.
- North America saw a 20% increase in the number of exits above $50 million in 2020 and a 35% increase in the number of exits in excess of $100 million.
- North America produced more than 60% of global unicorns in 2020.
- When it comes to the Funding and Talent & Experience Success Factors, four out of the Top 5 ecosystems are from North America (Silicon Valley, New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston).
- Nine of the Top 20 Global Ecosystems are from North America.
The Top Performers are identified by applying our Global Ranking methodology within a specific region, while the Regional Challengers are identified using the Emerging Ecosystems methodology.