- About Startup Genome and The Global Entrepreneurship Network
- About Our Global Partners
- Note From a Founder
- A Word from GEN
- State Of The Global Startup Economy
- Rankings 2021: Top 30 + Runners-up
- Rankings 2021: Top 100 Emerging Ecosystems
- Global Startup Sub-Sector Analysis
- The Next Unicorn Could Come From Anywhere
- How Startups Can Build Sustainable Ecosystems
- How To Divide Founder Equity
- Accelerators: To Join Or Not To Join?
- The Government As An (Effective) Venture Capitalist
- Building Entrepreneurial Communities
- Asia Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- Understanding Diverse Markets In A Dynamic Region
- Mega Tech IPOs Head Toward $1 Trillion By 2025
- Europe Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- Europe’s Booming Startup Ecosystems
- The Explosive Growth Of The Amsterdam-Delta Startup Ecosystem
- MENA Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- Entrepreneurial Growth In MENA
- Startup Culture on the Rise in Palestine
- North America Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- The North American Startup Ecosystem In A Post-Pandemic Era
- Latin America Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- It’s Just The Beginning
- Scaleups Will Take Over Latam
The Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2021
MENA Insights, Rankings & Ecosystem Pages
- The total number of late-stage funding rounds in MENA almost doubled in the last five years, while the total late-stage funding amount has grown 2x.
- Dubai jumped seven spots to #11 in the Top 100 Emerging Ecosystems
- AI & Big Data is the leading Sub-Sector in MENA, with $3 billion invested in early-stage rounds and $8 billion in exit value between January 2018 and June 2020.
Three UAE ecosystems rank in the MENA Top 10 in the Performance factor - Dubai (#2), Abu Dhabi (#3), and Sharjah (#7). This factor measures the size and performance of an ecosystem based on the accumulated tech startup value created from exits and funding.
The Top Performers are identified by applying our Global Ranking methodology within a specific region, while the Regional Challengers are identified using the Emerging Ecosystems methodology.