- About Us
- Our Services
- Making Canada the Best Place to Start and Grow an Ocean Company
- Collaborating to Drive Change: Discover Novarium’s Innovation Campus
- Global Blue Economy Trends
- Global Sub-Sector Startup Analysis
- Global Blue Economy Ranking: Top 25 + 10 Runners-Up
- The Vast Potential for AI in the Blue Economy
- Why It’s Time to Invest in the Blue Economy
- Top Blue Economy Ecosystem Players
- Top Five Ecosystems by Region & Ecosystems to Watch
- How Mississippi’s Gulf Blue Initiative is Building on Established Strengths to Drive Innovation
- Meet GCE Ocean Technology, the Norwegian Cluster Helping Startups Unlock the Potential of the Blue Economy
- Ecosystem Pages
- Methodology & References
- Acknowledgments & Partners
Startup Genome is the world-leading policy advisory and research organization for public and private organizations committed to accelerating the success of their startup ecosystem. We have advised more than 125 clients across six continents in 45+ countries to date.
Startup Genome’s mission is to accelerate startup success and ecosystem performance everywhere. We work together with global thought leaders and practitioners to define and
execute robust policies and programs that drive lasting change. Our impact is rooted in over a decade of independent research with data on three million companies across 280 cities.
Working side-by-side with 300 partner organizations, our frameworks and methodologies have become instrumental in building foundations for startups and startup ecosystems to grow. Many of the world’s leading governments and innovation-focused organizations have joined our knowledge network to cut through the complexities of startup ecosystem development and fuel sustained economic growth. Considered the new science of startup ecosystem assessment, we point to key gaps in startup ecosystems and prioritize actions to take in addressing them.
Join us and boost startup success, economic growth, and job creation in your region. Follow our work at startupgenome.com, and on LinkedIn and Twitter. Public and private startup community leaders looking to accelerate the growth of their startup ecosystem can reach us at [email protected].
Our Global Network
About Global Entrepreneurship Network
The Global Entrepreneurship Network operates a platform of projects and programs in 180+ countries aimed at making it easier for anyone, anywhere to start and scale a business. By fostering deeper cross-border collaboration and initiatives between entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, policymakers, and entrepreneurial support organizations, GEN works to fuel healthier start and scale ecosystems that create more jobs, educate individuals, accelerate innovation, and strengthen economic growth. GEN’s comprehensive global footprint of national operations and global verticals in policy, research, and programs ensures members have uncommon access to the most relevant knowledge, networks, communities, and programs relative to size of economy, maturity of ecosystem, language, culture, geography, and more.
About Our Global Partners
- TNW: TNW is a global digital brand that informs, inspires, and connects people who love tech, through media, events, and spaces. Primarily known for its media outlet and award-winning tech events, TNW also incorporates a co-working label, a global startup database, and delivers custom innovation programs to corporates and governments.
- Bella Private Markets: Provides actionable advice on private capital challenges. Combining rigorous academic approaches with real world industry expertise, its expert team focuses on complex, customized projects that require thorough analysis, whether quantitative or qualitative in nature, to help its clients assess or design strategies, improve performance, and chart winning strategies for the future.
- Crunchbase: Everyday investors, journalists, founders, and the global business community turn to Crunchbase for information on startups and the people behind them.
- Dealroom.co: Provides data-driven intelligence on high-growth companies.
- Tech Nation (formerly Tech City UK): Empowers ambitious tech entrepreneurs through growth programs, digital entrepreneurship skills, a visa scheme for exceptional talent, and by championing the UK digital sector through data, stories, and media campaigns.
About Canada's Ocean Supercluster
Canada’s Ocean Supercluster (OSC) is changing the way ocean business is done. With more than 500 members from coast-to-coast-to-coast, the OSC is an industry-led, national ocean cluster that’s growing the ocean economy in a digital, sustainable, and inclusive way. Bringing together startups, scaleups and mature organizations across fishery, aquaculture, bioresources, offshore resources, marine renewables, defense, shipping and ocean technology, the cluster is fostering new partnerships and innovative projects built on collaboration between industry, research, regional innovation hubs, investors, and government. Together with members and partners, the OSC is accelerating the development and commercialization of globally relevant ocean solutions and advancing Canada’s leadership in the global Blue Economy.
Novarium Innovation Campus is dedicated to accelerating the Blue Economy and the democratization of scientific knowledge. Located in Rimouski, Quebec, the campus is home to the marine accelerator FLOTS, which supports Blue Economy startups and scaleups, and is a stone’s throw from its affiliated research institutions. Bringing together over 600 researchers, Novarium’s projects range from Artificial Intelligence and smart navigation to bio-foods, and go a long way towards building a sustainable economy in which the top priority is protecting marine ecosystems.
About Mississippi Development Authority
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) is the state’s lead economic and community development agency, with approximately 300 employees providing services to businesses and communities throughout the state. MDA works to recruit new business to Mississippi and retain and expand existing industry and business. The agency also promotes tourism throughout the state.