- About Startup Genome
- Our Services
- About Our Global Partners
- About LaunchVic
- Global Startup Sub-Sector Analysis
- Spotlight On Melbourne’s Burgeoning Life Sciences Cluster
- Tech is Cheap(er): How Investing is Changing Healthcare
- Global Life Sciences Ranking 2021: Top 25 and Runners-Up
- Global Funding and Performance Trends
- Top 5 Ecosystems by Region And Ecosystems to Watch
- Life Science Top Ecosystem Players
- Life Science Ecosystem Pages
- Understanding the Model: Why You Should Care About Measuring Your Startup Ecosystem?
- Methodology & References
- Acknowledgments And Partners
The Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2021 Life Sciences Edition
Scroll down for the reportor Download it here now
Key Insights from the Report
- The Top Five Global Life Sciences ecosystems are Silicon Valley, Boston, New York City, London, and San Diego. North America and Europe dominate the Top 25 Life Sciences ecosystems, with 48% and 24% of the Top 25 respectively, followed by Asia at 20%, and MENA and Oceania with one ecosystem each in the Top 25.
- 49% of the unicorns between 2015-2020 were created in the top five ecosystems.
- There are now 108 Life Sciences unicorns globally, with 34 companies achieving unicorn status in the first half of 2021 alone.
- In 2020, global Life Sciences exits totalled a whopping $96 billion, double the value in 2019.