Sub-Sector Growth Over The Last Five Years
This video presents the evolution of 12 sub-sectors over the last five years: Adtech, Advanced Manufacturing and Robotics, AgTech & New Food, AI & BD, Blockchain, Cleantech, Cybersecurity, Digital Media, Edtech, Fintech, Gaming, and Life Sciences.
Play the video to see the changes in sub-sector growth trajectory. A few insights -
- We are going through a condensation phase. The growth is more homogenous. This means that sub-sectors are in a similar growth level in a 5 year timeframe of 2017-2021.
- There is recovery in 2021 compared to 2019-2020, sub-sectors are going back to their growth phase. We are not in the same levels of growth as 2018.
- The COVID-19 period favored Life Sciences.
- In 2022 there is major growth in sub-sectors, specially those associated with environmental and social impact such as Agtech and new food, Cleantech and Edtech.
- The growth in the number of exits and early stage funding in the highest growth sub-sectors namely AI & BD, Advanced Manufacturing and Blockchain.
- Fintech is cooling down.