What's new with Startup Genome? - Week of June 9
A list of new features and bug fixes since our last update.
- Huge performance improvements. The site is now dependably fast.
- Integrated Amazon CloudSearch. Drop-down search suggestions "just work" now.
- Finally cleaned up all the bad CrunchBase data.
- Straight-up got rid of our homepage. Now when you navigate to startupgenome.co, you are taken to the map of the city you're in. (this is super convenient on mobile)
- Launched API 2.0
- Cross-origin requests (with a valid API key)
- POST updates to the API
- Generate your own API keys at http://startupgenome.co/people/api_keys/username
- Much faster than API 1.0
- All U.S. addresses are now run through SmartyStreets for increased accuracy.
- Organizations can now have "chapters." As a bonus, a sexy map page is generated showing an organization's chapters. Ex: Startup Weekend's chapter map. TO manage chapters, click "Chapters" when editing your organization.
- Map pages improvements:
- Simpler, full-screen design
- Just one search bar searches both locally and globally
- Improved the zoom and area-bound default settings
- Switched to MapBox for map imagery
- Extended logged-in sessions. Hooray! - you no longer have to log back in every 30 minutes. And when you log in, you are taken back to the page you were on instead of the homepage.
- URLs are now short and user-friendly (e.g. startupgenome.co/omaha-ne-usa)
- Lots of improvements to the responsive design. Everything should work on mobile now.
- Fixed the confusion between a company's investments received vs. investments made.
- You can now enter public (in addition to private) LinkedIn URLs on your profile.
- We removed the long list of social media links when filling in your profile. Now just enter a link and we automatically identify what it is.
- Multiple jobs at the same company look better on profile pages.
- You can stop emailing Shane to ask for a password reset. Click "Forgot Your Password?" on the Sign In page.
Up next: Angel List integration, drastically faster CrunchBase syncing, and API sandbox
Our data shows that collaboration is at the core of the fastest growing startup ecosystems. We work with forward-looking organizations who understand that joining the global startup economy is key to to drive innovation and spur economic growth.