Job Opening: Data Visualization Expert: Freelance
Startup Genome is looking for a Data Visualization Expert to work with renowned thought leaders on the world’s most comprehensive dataset and research on the global technology startup economy. In this role, you would help produce data-driven visuals on tech startups that influence the policies and actions of governments, innovation agencies, and ecosystem support organizations around the world.
- Be a key contributor to our data-driven content including the annual Global Startup Ecosystem Report, sub-sector and knowledge reports, and articles. Your work will reach the global startup community, including founders, talent, investors, corporate leaders, policymakers, and journalists.
- Interpret prepared data and create engaging and clear visualizations.
- Collaborate with other members of the content and data teams to identify gaps in our content and planned reports, and to improve our visualizations and data explanations.
- Desire to be a part of a globally leading and path-breaking research and content team.
- Curiosity to learn more and a genuine passion for data-driven storytelling.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Excel, GSheets, and data-visualization tools including Tableau and Flourish.
- Good eye for design and judgment on the correct tool and choice of visualization to present information.
- High level of autonomy and flexibility in working hours and location
- Dynamic, international team
- Position: Data Visualization Expert
- Location: Flexible, but availability to work hours that intersect at least part of the day with our India and European teams is a requirement.
- Compensation: Competitive, based on experience, skills, and location
- Reporting: This position reports to Hazel Boydell, Editor-in-Chief
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a brief cover letter stating your motivation in applying for the position and visualization samples, and your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without visualization samples will not be considered.